Fortnite Cosmic Summer kicks off today and brings with it Cosmic Summer challenges, a host of beachy items for players to unlock, and new summer-themed LTMs to play, all between now and July 5. Here’s everything players need to know about Fortnite Cosmic Summer.
Cosmic Summer LTMs
Fan-favorite limited-time modes are back for another round. including Bios Zone Wars Trio 1.0 – Custom Teams, Pro 100, Freaky Flights – Air Royale, and The Pit – FFA. Across each of these modes, players can complete new Fortnite Cosmic Summer challenges to unlock new cosmetics like the Brain Freeze Back Bling, made to look like a popsicle, and the Cloud Llama Board Glider. Both the Back Bling and Glider include additional styles to unlock, so equipping their default versions is just the beginning.
Players who complete any two Cosmic Summer challenges will unlock the Believer Beach Loading Screen, featuring Fortnite’s resident pro-alien activist, Sunny from the Season 7 Battle Pass. Go on to complete six total Cosmic Summer challenges and players will also unlock the Icy Pop Wrap, which is reminiscent of the classic red, white, and blue Firecracker popsicles we probably all enjoyed growing up.
Epic says the LTMs and related Cosmic Summer Quests will be made available sequentially between now and July 5, and players can complete them anytime before that deadline to earn all the event’s items.
Cosmic Summer Challenges
Here are all the Cosmic Summer challenges, or Quests, available in the game. Note that this list will be updated as more are added to Fortnite over the next nine days.
- Deal damage to players in Bio Zone Wars Trio (1000)
- Get headshot eliminations in Bios Zone Wars Trio (10)
- Gain health or apply shields in Bios Zone Wars Trio (500)
- Assist teammates with eliminations in Zone Wars Trio (50)
- Spend coins to buy items at the vending machine in Pro 100 (10)
- Deal damage to players with a rocket launcher in Pro 100 (1000)
- Revive teammates in Pro 100 (20)
- Travel 5000 meters in X-4 Stormwings in Freaky Flights (5000)
- Spend coins to buy items at the vending machine in Freaky Flights (50)
- Eliminate players while in a X-4 Stormwing in Freaky Flights (25)
- Build structures in the put (500)
- Eliminate players with 5 different types of weapons in a single the pit match (5)
- Get headshots in the pit (50)
Cosmic Summer Skins
Also making their debut during this scorching seasonal event are brand-new skins for some of Fortnite’s fan-favorite characters. Midsummer Midas puts the normally gilded anti-hero in his beach bottoms, while his daughter Jules will be getting new tan lines to go with her tattoos as Beach Jules.
Other new makeovers include Beach Brutus, Scuba Crystal, and the return of previously seen summery-themed skins like Summer Drift and Unpeely, Fortnite’s anthropomorphic banana, now ready for beach volleyball. These new skins will appear in the Item Shop throughout the Cosmic Summer event and will include optional bundles to complete their cosmetic sets.
Once you’re ready to feel the sand at your feet, make sure you also acquaint yourself with the Fortnite 17.10 patch notes.
Check it out